At the point where today the city is built, archaeologists locate the ancient city Dyspontion, while a quarter of the city was the ancient city of LETRINA. The city got its name from the large tower built on the hill of Eparcheion the Greek founder of the modern city, Tsernotas (1512-1520). This tower was in that place until June 1825, when residents of the city after the Sunday, blinded by civil strife, the demolished. The hill of Eparcheion today adorns the central square of Pyrgos with a small forest picnic and relaxation area and playground ready to host children.
26210 33650 - 2 email@example.com